Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wir bewegen uns nach Deutschland

Wir bewegen uns nach Deutschland
Translation: We are moving to Germany

As some of you know Mike is being transferred to Germany. We will be at Ramstein Air Force base (about 1 ½ hours south or Frankfurt). We will be moving any time between now and the next few months. Few months in government time can mean a lot of things. It is a lot of hurry up and wait. Right now we are waiting for a lot of paper work and upper management politics ;) I do not miss being a corporate person at all.

We still aren’t sure what will be in Germany for us but, that is for God to reveal to us in His own time. We are excited for the opportunity.

So far it has been fun for me to experience this international adventure. We have gotten our passports, to include Joseph. And, watch out Germany…I have my international drivers licenses!!! I’ve talked to the USDA more than I ever thought I would. The dogs have to have their own European passport! I guess Germany will give that to them (being Germans).
We have started to get rid of “stuff."

As we get closer and there is more information or a date to leave I will make sure to communicate.

I know I have not been a great communicator over the summer. We were just having so much fun. Joseph made some new friends and we have been on the go. To be honest, this summer was sooo much fun time just flew by. I am posting pictures and you can see for yourself what we did.

Joseph loves to help us cook. Peach jam, pesto, carrot cake (for Daddy's b-day), banana bread and veggies for salad (did you know Pittston, PA is the tomato capital of the world?). YUMMY!



Captain Hook and Wendy are two of his new best friends. They are such good friends he likes to make them kiss.


Joseph has two new loves. To build things and trucks (or as Joseph says "duck")


All the cousins were at the house for a play day. Mr Vic came over with his tractor to give rides and Joseph had fun playing.



We got a head start this summer of firewood. Did I mention it was the hottest day of the summer? Now we know why people wait until fall to cut firewood.


More pictures:

Summer Part 1
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=evu1dtf.8swfxbi3&Uy=-3bwo6y&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=903173164408_677298094603&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Zoo
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=evu1dtf.4lib9fob&Uy=-6a2sec&Ux=0&UV=490195867599_747355505603

Summer Part 2
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=evu1dtf.8w1rfgjf&Uy=gpxfoj&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=539804211245_596798094603&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

No comments: