Joseph recently got glasses. He has a double stigmatism. His right eye is worse than his left eye. The doctor says wearing glasses will help his eye development.
He likes them for about 3 minutes in the morning and then he takes them off until you can distract him again. At times he will go up to 20 minutes with them on. But as soon as Daddy or Mommy point them out or say the “g-word”, off they come. It will be hard to get Joseph used to them, but in time I know he will wear them without issue.
For my birthday I always choose to go on a family hike.
For my birthday I always choose to go on a family hike.
There is a favorite area we like to go. I love it when we feel like we are the only people that exist for miles. You can really hear the sounds of the forest and smell the turning of seasons. We had a great time.
One of my favorite things to eat is cake. So, for my birthday Joseph and Mike ordered a small version of our wedding cake as my birthday cake! At least I got to enjoy a piece of cake on a plate with a fork. Last time I had it shoved in my face. We all enjoyed the cake as it helped us remember our wedding (I think Joseph just enjoyed the sugar high). Oh my goodness it was YUMMY! I love it!
JJ, Peter, and I went to a Broncos game.
Unfortunately the Broncos lost, but we had a great time. It was nice to just hang out with my brothers.
While in Denver Joseph and I got to walk Molly to school a few times. One morning Joseph cried all the way home. We woke everyone up in the neighborhood. Aunt Dana even heard us as we approached the house. The one thing he loved was looking at the big busses. If he can touch a big tire that makes Josephs day! :)
We also went to Emily’s WOW day. This is Emily’s special day at preschool. The last half class her family gets to come and see her at school and bring a special snack. Joseph liked that they had tables and chairs his size. He sat with the school kids and ate snack. He is such a big boy.

Last weekend we went to ‘Boo at the Zoo’. We had a great time.
Our favorite part was seeing and hearing the lion ROAR! He was pacing against the glass and was maybe 5 inches away from Josephs face and let out this HUGE roar. Needless to say Joseph roared the rest of the night and all the way home. It was a sight to see…teeth and all.
To go along with the zoo story,
we have been teaching Joseph all his relatives’ names. As we prepare for Brian and Becca’s wedding we have been working on the Begley side. It’s funny as each time we work on ‘Brian’ Joseph roars like a lion. Joseph will be happy to see Aunt Becca marry Uncle Lion. ROAR!
One of my favorite things to eat is cake. So, for my birthday Joseph and Mike ordered a small version of our wedding cake as my birthday cake! At least I got to enjoy a piece of cake on a plate with a fork. Last time I had it shoved in my face. We all enjoyed the cake as it helped us remember our wedding (I think Joseph just enjoyed the sugar high). Oh my goodness it was YUMMY! I love it!
JJ, Peter, and I went to a Broncos game.
While in Denver Joseph and I got to walk Molly to school a few times. One morning Joseph cried all the way home. We woke everyone up in the neighborhood. Aunt Dana even heard us as we approached the house. The one thing he loved was looking at the big busses. If he can touch a big tire that makes Josephs day! :)
Last weekend we went to ‘Boo at the Zoo’. We had a great time.
To go along with the zoo story,
For more photos click the link below:
No comments:
Post a Comment